Saturday, June 11, 2016

Yin and Yang: Spin vs Fly


So many people take themselves, and fly fishing; to serious. My brother is a spin fisherman. I am a fly fisherman. This picture says a lot about the differences. We took this trip in February one cold day (20 F) in NY.

My brother:
1. Is warmer
2. Is not wet
3. Caught the only thing the day we fished. (A korkers sole)
4. Did not get sick after this trip

I am :
1. Happy despite being much less comfortable.

This picture shows the discomfort a fly fisher will subject himself to. If your a glutton for punishment or prefer chess to checkers...you are probably a fly fisher too!

Even though I am wearing the same Korkers as the kind of the sole we are holding...I did not take one off to take a picture of it. He actually caught that! A Sole fish. I caught two ground trout that day. Damn bushes and trees!

Neither of us caught a fish but we did it each in our own way and that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment