Thursday, July 20, 2017

Choices

The thing that I love most about fly-fishing is that it never gets old; or when it does it is easy to re-engage my interest. Spey casting, Tenkara, Czech nymphing... There are so many ways to pursue our piscatorial admiration. I took out my Orvis water skeeter (one man pontoon boat) this evening. Did I forgot to mention flats, reef, brook, stream, creek, river, pond, lake, levy. The choices to keep me engaged compound exponentially. Today I chose pond.


Heavily over grown with weeds, algae, water grass, and other aquatic flora and fauna; It looks like Pickerel water. The choices continue to expand...topwater, streamers, nymphs.


It is Chain Pickerel water. It was my first time fishing this new place and it will be another choice to keep me peering down the rabbit hole(s) at all my many options.


No comments:

Post a Comment