Thursday, May 3, 2012

SENYO'S KID BOW.....no kiddin!


After a day of fishing I hopped on an old favorite of mine,  http://steelheadalleyflytying.blogspot.com/

Greg Senyo ties this pattern and I really respect him as a fellow tyer. Imitation is the best form of flattery. His original is tied with bionda fleece, I used craft fur instead. I also shortened the length of the body/wing because I wanted an alevin pattern not a minnow which is what Greg ties. It would have been a great idea to add an mfc otters egg but the red tying thread used sort of gives an Alevin look plus the 5 minute epoxy head.

Recipe:
Tube: Silver ware package inserts, they make great tubes.
Thread: Red 6/0
Body: Hareline Ice Dub Fl. Shell Pink
White craft fur (green on top of white.) USE A PERMANENT MARKER.
Head: Mirage Eyes and 5 Minute Expoxy

See Gregs pattern on his website!

No comments:

Post a Comment